HSE Adult Mental Health Services (Community Healthcare East)

The HSE Adult Mental Health Services provides specialist mental health support to people over the age of 18 years. Most people with mental health difficulties can be treated by their GP, and are only referred to the Specialist Mental Health Services when necessary, i.e. when your needs are more than the GP can assist with. You can only attend the Specialist Adult Mental Health Service when referred by a doctor. This may be your GP, by a psychiatrist in the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (if you’re attending) or by a doctor in the Accident and Emergency Department in hospital.

The Mental Health Service a person is referred to is dependent on where you live. For example, the doctor may refer you to the Saint John of God’s Cluain Mhuire Adult Mental Health Service or to the HSE Mental Health Service, depending on your home address.

Read more

How to connect with this service →

Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm

Anxiety Depression Eating problems Stress

Age range: 18+

Avg Wait
Where it is assessed that an appointment is appropriate, this will ordinarily be no longer than 4 weeks approximately.

Do I need my parents permission if I'm under 18?: na We do not accept referrals for anyone under the age of 18 years.

How do I connect with your service?

How can you help me?

Tell me more about the HSE Mental Health Services in this area