Your GP

For many young people who are having difficulty with their mental health, the first professional you might want to speak to is your doctor. All doctors will have had training in mental health, though some might have more experience than others.

It’s important to talk to your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing, in some cases these might relate to other physical health problems and it’s important to get a proper check up.

Some services need a referral from your doctor so that you can access them. Your doctor may be aware of services available in your area and can recommend ones to you, but if you’re aware of ones you think it would help to access you can suggest to your doctor that they make that referral for you.

How to connect with this service →

Varies by different practices

website: Find a local GP

Abuse / Sexual Violence Addiction Anger Anxiety Bullying Depression Eating problems Grief Hearing Voices/Seeing Things Loneliness Regret Relationships Self Harm Sexuality/Gender Issues Stress Tired all the time

Age range: All Ages

Avg Wait
Varies by different practices

Do I need my parents permission if I'm under 18?: yes

How do I connect with my local GP?