Hillview Resource Centre
We are an early intervention & prevention service working with children, young people, families and the wider community of Ballinteer and surrounding area.
We can support you through: Low Cost Counselling (For Adults); Low Cost Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy; Early Years (Childcare) for children aged from 18 months to school age; Rainbows Programme (Parental Bereavement & Separation support for children aged 7-12 years); Family Well Being Supports for Parents; and a range of other programmes and activities aimed at the community.
with: Anger Anxiety Bullying Depression Stress
Age range: 13-17, and Adult services
Time: Usually 7-10 days depending on availability.
Cost: Between €10-€30 per session for 6 sessions, and between €30-€40 there after
Do I need my parents permission if I'm under 18?: yes
How do I connect with your service?
Just contact the Project Manager at Hillview FRC at the details above and she will talk to you from there.
How have your services changed due to Coronavirus?
We are providing one to one telephone support during the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency, and we are still taking new clients.
Our Development Worker Katie can support young people who may be struggling during this time of COVID, using phone or facetime. She can provide help with:
- Research educational, social activities for young people to help with keeping you engaged with learning.
- How to connect family, friends safely online: Help them find any information or support re exams, college work etc.
- How to create a gratitude journal. Activities to promote a healthy mind-set. Plan for the future, create a healthy routine. Mindfulness activities.
- How to manage behaviours living at home, creating your own space in a busy house. Stress control techniques for children.
- Self care for young people.
- Help identify your emotions and acknowledging their feelings.
- Sign posting you to trusted organisations and websites on topics such as LGBTIQ etc
- Safe space to chat and explore your concerns .